Thoughtfully

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday 5 January 2014

Other Passions

Apart from making things my other passion is books. I love crime/thrillers and sci/fantasy. I love Robin Hobbs Liveship and Rainwild novels and can't wait for the next in the series to come out. One of the best things to come out in the last few years is Audible, I subscribe to this and get one book a month. This is totally great because they read the full book not just an abridged version. I can therefore indulge two of my passions at once... 'reading' and making things. :)

Ofcourse as I can listen to them on my kindle or my phone, they're also good for the less fun stuff like erm ... housework :(

I often find it very difficult to choose which book to take, I also love Val McDermid's Tony Hill novels, James Patterson's Women's Club series, Ian Rankin's Rebus and soooo many more.

There are books which I find I can't listen to but must read like GRR Martin's Game of Thrones and Robert Ludlum's Bourne series ( a bit dated but so much better than the films).

I love films too, probably action/adventure and thrillers best, but if it captures my imagination it doesn't matter what genre it falls into.

I'll probably add details of any books or films I've particularly enjoyed as I go along. :)

4 comments:

  1. I just recently read the Liveship books...loved them:) I hadn't read any of her books before. I'm a huge sci-fi and fantasy fan so I don't know how I missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one of her series I didn't like was the soldier's son one. The rest are marvelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw ... did I mention I totally love your mice :)

    ReplyDelete